A moist, textured cake filled with carrot shavings, walnuts, pecans and white cream cheese frosting Ages when Europeans ate carrot puddings. However, Carrot Cakes are America’s favourite and a classic dish for decades. In fact, even today Carrot Cake tops among several other American desserts as America’s favourite.
Carrot Cakes have distinctive features that set them apart from other cakes. Firstly, carrot cakes contain real carrot pieces. They do not contain raisins and can be made easily without eggs. Carrot cakes are fragrant as they are rich in spices like ginger, cinnamon etc.
Carrot cakes make for a really healthy and tasty dessert option or a tea-time snack. They work well with sweet fruits and can be served along with some freshly cut fruits and raisins or a hot coffee! In India, the carrot cake is often found ins hotels and cafes and is widely loved too. If you want to recreate this dish in your own oven, follow this simple Carrot cake recipe with a high quality wheat flour, AASHIRVAAD Atta to do so. AASHIRVAAD Atta is a 100% whole wheat Atta made with wheat sourced directly from Indian farmers. It contains 0% Maida and is full of wholesome content. Check out the, AASHIRVAAD Atta 5kg atta price here before you start your baking journey!
- Time: 50 minutes
- Serves 5
- 1 ½ cup AASHIRVAAD Atta
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Grated Carrots
- In a bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla essence, milk, and sunflower oil and whisk for 1-2 minutes
- Add the grated carrots into this wet mixture and mix thoroughly
- Now add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients that includes all powders and AASHIRVAAD ATTA
- Use the cut and fold technique with a spatula and fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- Make sure to not overfold and only use light pressure
- Grease a pan and pour the batter into it
- Make sure to preheat your oven at 180 degrees C
- Place the pan with batter into the oven and bake at 180 degrees C For 50-60 minutes
- Take a toothpick to check for denseness and let it cool before eating!
Things to remember
- Make sure to avoid a lot of pressure while doing the folding technique
- Grease the pan carefully with butter or oil before placing it inside the oven
- Add a layer of cream cheese frosting for an added dash of sweetness